If you are 18-30 years old and interested in issues related to energy, energy transition and sustainable development, then the youth event “Energy Transition: Pathway to the future” is made for you!
Our event will be held online, from 1-3 October 2021. The event is a joint initiative of: Young Leaders in Energy and Sustainability Greece (YES-Europe Greece), UN Sustainable Development Solutions Youth Network – Black Sea (SDSN Youth Black Sea) and NGO Move It.
The goal of the event is to inform and raise awareness among young people about energy and energy transition, the connection between energy and sustainable development, environment and climate change and the Greek and European policies and institutions active in the energy sector.
Through speeches, interactive activities and discussions, participants will:
- Familiarize with the terms of energy, energy transition and sustainable development.
- Understand the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Get informed about the Greek and European energy and environmental policy.
- Identify their contribution to climate change and their role in promoting sustainable development.
- Have the opportunity to discuss with specialized scientists and professionals working in the field of energy and sustainable development.
- Get in touch with other young people with similar interests and concerns.
Registrations for the youth event “Energy Transition: A pathway to the future” are now open and will stay open until September, 20th 2021, 23:59 EEST (UTC+3).
The event’s agenda is as follows:
Friday, October 1st, 2021 (18:00-20:30 EEST)
- Welcome | 18:00-18:15
- Get to know | 18:15-18:45
- Introductory Interactive Activity | 18:45-19:00
- Speeches: Energy & Sustainable Development | 19:10-20:10
- Closing of Day 1 | 20:10-20:20
Saturday, October 2nd, 2021 (10:00-14:40 EEST)
- Start of Day 2 | 10:00-10:15
- Speeches: Energy Transition in Greece and EU | 10:15-11:45
- Speech: Green Recovery from COVID-19 Pandemic & Energy Transition | 12:00-12:30
- Roundtable Discussion: The role of Youth | 12:30-13:20
- Interactive Activity: Energy Footprint | 13:30-14:30
- Closing of Day 2 | 14:30-14:40
Sunday, October 3rd, 2021 (10:00-13:00 EEST)
- Start of Day 3 | 10:00-10:15
- Interactive Activity: Renewable Energy Sources vs. Fossil Fuels: The Greek transition | 10:15-12:30
- Farewell | 12:30-13:00
The maximum number of participants is 30 people. The participants should be residents of Greece and within the age limit of 18-30 years. The final selection of participants will be based on the expression of interest in the respective questions on the registration form. Selected participants will be notified via email.
Don’t lose any more time! Register now: bit.ly/EnergyEvent2021